Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Home alone.....again

Here it is, Tuesday night, and I'm home alone, again. I will really, really be glad when Big R goes off call. Thursday night can't get here fast enough!

Things have finally slowed down at work and I'm about to get caught up on all the paperwork that had been piled on my desk. It's amazing how much paper is pushed when a person dies. Found out tonight, via e-mail, that one of my cousin's daughters died from breast cancer. The saddest thing is that she has two little girls. The youngest one is only about three and thought that if she went in her mommy's bedroom and said 1-2-3-magic, it would bring her mommy back. It's so sad!

One of my friends called last night to tell me her husband had broken his ankle at deer camp Sunday. His stand had blown over in one of the hurricane storms that blew through here a few weeks ago and he and his sons-in-law were trying to stand it back up and it fell and landed on his ankle, breaking it in several places. They did surgery yesterday and hopefully he got to come home today. Just another reason NOT to go to the deer woods!

Fixed homemade Reuben sandwiches tonight for supper. Of course Big R had to gulp his down in about two seconds so he could go on a call. Makes for a lovely meal! I wouldn't know what it was like to sit down and relax and enjoy a leisurely meal. It never happens around here.


No comments: