Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall is here!

We had rain last night and cooler weather today and this weekend is supposed to be GORGEOUS!
This is my kind of weather. I love Fall, love cool, crisp air, love the colors, love it, love it, love it!!!

Probably won't do anything special this weekend, but just being outside will make me happy. Just what the doctor ordered after the week I've had.

A friend of mine came by the office yesterday, seemed a little melancholy to me, but couldn't get him (yes you can have platonic male friends) to tell me what was bothering him. He stayed quite a while visiting with me and the guys. When he left, I still had the feeling he needed to talk and hadn't. Went to lunch with Big R and when I got back to the office it dawned on me.....it was four years ago today my friend lost his wife to cancer. I called him to ask if he was okay and he finally broke down and cried. We talked for a while and I hope he at least felt a little better getting it off his chest. I think he must have because he thanked me for being the "sister" he never had and told me he loved me. It's strange that I feel like he's more of a "brother" to me than my real brother. I hate that, too, because my real brother and I used to be very close growing up. We've just drifted apart in adulthood, though. It's not that we don't love one another....we do.....it's just that our lives have taken us different directions. Why do we allow life to do that to us? Family is SO important and we need to nuture those relationships, but we don't.


No comments: